Patient complaints are a formal, written grievance, and should be filed by a patient, or on behalf of a patient, only when an issue cannot be resolved promptly, or "on-the-spot", by the staff. In order to improve the quality of care, patient complaints must be identified and addressed in a timely and efficient manner. Patient complaints will be accepted in writing and will be forwarded to the Quality Assurance team for investigation and appropriate response.
The following procedures will be used in receiving and responding to patients complaints:
* All formal patient complaints must be submitted in writing to the San Jose Foothills Community Center QA staff.
* Patient Complaint/Grievance forms are available in the Health Center waiting area or under the documents section of this website or by selecting the link below:
www.sjffcc.org/beta/complain_section (web form)
Patient Complaints(PDF form)
* Persons who express desire to file a formal complaint verbally, either in person or via a telephone call, should be instructed to complete and submit a written Patient Complaint/Grievance Form.
* The Quality Assurance staff is responsible for bringing the formal written complaint to the Health Center's Quality Management and Improvement Committee within 30 days for investigation, review, and resolution.
* The Quality Assurance staff and QA Director is responsible for following-up on all patient complaints and for responses to the patient, department manager and Executive Committee, as appropriate.
* If patient is not satisfied with the resolution of the complaint, he/she may appeal this decision directly to the Executive Committee of the Health Center.
Call Us (408) 729-9700
Copyright © 2017 Foothill Community Health Center - All Rights Reserved